Friday 26 July 2013

Neuro Medic


I would never regret the three years I took to do my BSc Neuroscience it was by far one of the most important things I have done thus far. It taught me so much about the area I want to spend the rest of my life in. It also didn’t hurt that I had three years to enjoy the joys of university life at one of the best student universities in the UK. However, it cemented the fact that medicine is for me.

Alas, it seems medicine has not received the memo.

So I am going on to do an MSc in Clinical Neuroscience, after a year out of education I am so happy just to be a student once more. Alongside my masters I will also be tackling UCAS and medical applications for the fourth (Yep, that’s right: the number 4!) time.

The decision to go back into study was not made lightly (£9000 is no joke). However, it is the best option for me as my main aspiration is to become a neurologist, hence this blog’s nifty name. This MSc bridges the gap between lab based sciences and medicine, and means I have the right foundation for further research.

Right that just leaves one more little thing to do: Get into medical school…

You know what they say: 4th time’s a charm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment